Thankful Thursday.

Thursday, March 1, 2012
This week, I am especially thankful for:
Yesterday (Wednesday) was my day off. Mid-morning I started receiving text messages about a co-worker. Then got a call from my boss. One of my co-workers had a sudden heart attack on Tuesday night and passed away. Hopefully, peacefully. He told his wife he wasn't feeling well, and went to lay down... She went to check on him shortly after, and he had passed on. So today, I find myself thankful for nothing short of having the ability to post this to my blog. My ability to still be breathing, to still be living. Joe on Tuesday was joking, laughing, being his usual self... then in the blink of an eye he was gone. If that doesn't put life into perspective, I honestly don't know what else will. I find myself getting so wrapped up in my daily routine, or the things I'm planning or doing... that I sometimes lose sight of the fundamental basics: That God has given me another day on Earth. 

When it comes down to it.. material things don't matter much. We all have our certain addictions, or things that we hoard. We all, at some time or another, have taken our lives for granted. Its kind of eerie, really. That I had JUST talked to him, I had JUST helped him with some stuff at work. Then all of a sudden... he was gone.

So, today, above all... I am thankful to be alive. Through the troubles, the hardships, the tears, the smiles, the mountains I sometimes have to climb... I am thankful for life. As I should be. Every day. 

Loves to you all. 


1 comments:

Mama Kuster said...

I cant believe he's gone.. Life is so short.