Thankful Thursday.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

This week, I am especially thankful for:

{xx}Walking into a conference room exactly 19 months ago today and saying "Hey, I'm Desiree." and shaking the hand of the man that would steal my heart. He's my best friend. The other half to my heart. And my world... just would not be the same. I am thankful for him in ways I could have never imagined. For him, I will always be thankful.

{1} All my followers!

{2} My owl Wallflowers from Bath n Body works.. I got them last season, and love them tremendously!

{3} The new scent "white palm" for the wallflowers!

{4} Continuing on my journey of weight loss! I'm slowly but surely starting to lose pounds.

{5} Having a best friend that supports me on that journey. Who forces me to get up and walk around our work building everyday, twice a day, because she knows its a goal we can both accomplish!

{6} Getting a bonus and a merit raise this year at work. I dont really go into depth about my job very much, but I'm basically a team lead in a call center. I'm one step below an assistant manager. We had a fairly big layoff at the end of October (which is when the other half to my heart lost his job), and I was definitely not expecting a bonus or a raise. I've spent a lot of time the last few months feeling somewhat under-appreciated, because I *DO* balance a lot on my shoulders at work... things that people don't even know about because its "behind the scenes." So its really nice to go into your review meeting, and hear the words "you do great work, we really appreciate it." and seeing a figure on paper that is definitely more than I expected. 

{7} A mother who instilled such a strong work ethic in me. My mom has worked a full-time job ever since I can remember. I know that I get my work ethic from her... The only reasons I call in to work are for snow. And if I happen to be running a fever. 

{8} sockmonkeys.

{9} FINALLY finding the 3rd book in the Hunger Games series, so I can finish it! I am SO OBSESSED with that series.. it is totally, one of the best I've read. And I had so many doubts about it when I started reading them. Can't wait for the movie.. and I probably, most definitely, pre-ordered the entire Capital Colours collection from China Glaze. *blushes*

{10} headbands! I'm back into my cute, girly headbands phase.... Once my hair gets longer after I have a mental breakdown and cut it off.. I tend to always go back to wearing cutsey headband things. 

What are YOU thankful for this week?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great list!

im thankful for reaching my 32nd week of pregnancy and everything being good with the baby.

Melu103 said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
i am proud of you love!
i been dieting too and nothing
feels better than when it actually
pays off! summer here we go right?!


good luck


xoxo
MELINA ♥
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com