reflecting on 2011... with my hair.

Sunday, January 1, 2012
"It doesn't happen all at once. You become. It takes a long time." 
~Margery Williams

Since I didn't really get into the whole nail polish thing until about August or September, I can't really reflect back on the year with nail polish... Just as a fun little post I decided to show you guys the year through my hair.. I really honestly did not realize how many times I changed my hair this year until I went to grab pictures for this post... I dont make resolutions every year.. I somehow always fall short. This year my goals are just to continue on my journey of patience, try to buy a little less polish, and attempt to slow down on the chemical treatments on my hair.

My goal as far as nail polish this year, is to limit myself to two or three every paycheck. I had a budget of 25.00 per paycheck, butttt... I blew that out of the water in the month of December. I have goals to pay off a lot of things due to some things coming up, so I'm trying to cut back on buying frivolous things. Nail polish though is sort of my outlet when I need to emotional shop... it keeps me from buying more expensive things, lol.

I hope that the New Year finds you all well, and that she brings nothing but good to each of your lives... :) And THANK YOU for continuing to follow me.. you each brighten my day :)



This is me in November of 2010.. I decided to start here to show you guys the process of my hair. This was my natural hair color with a few blonde high lights here and there... towards the end of November, I made the decision that for the first time in my life, I wanted to see what I looked like as a complete blonde.

Enter December of 2010. This wasn't me completely blonde yet, I still had a few hints of my natural color poking through in certain spots. 

February 2011, I got a little more blonde in, but still not COMPLETELY there. 

Beginning of April 2011... completely blonde. I went on a cruise to the Caribbean, so being blonde was kind of nice. 

The end of April 2011... I got tired of the completely blonde look... it just wasn't for me, so I had her add in some dark shadow boxes... the underneath of my hair was black, and then I had a black shadowbox in my bangs.

June 2011.. for adventures sake, we added some pink in, as its my favorite color... however, the color faded too quickly.

End of September 2011... red.

December 2011... I'm back to brunette and blonde highlights. The red is really difficult to get out of my hair, so it looks like I have red roots. I have decided that this is where I want to stay. Eventually I will probably get chunkier blonde highlights but for now this is perfect. I hope to eventually fade back to my natural color and just maintain the blonde. My hair has grown SO MUCH over this year, and I didn't realize that, either, until I was choosing pictures for this. 

Thank you for accompanying me on this journey of 2011. I thought it would just be a fun and interesting post.. :) everyone knows I'm the queen of changing my hair. haha.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

love all the hair colors, you look good with any color!

happy new year and good luck with the polish shopping ;-)

The Beauty and The Business said...

Holy crap did your hair take a beating this year! I do love the changes you made. I didn't do to much to my own hair this past year, just kept it red.

Polish and Charms said...

I tend to stick with red, but I love to experiment with my hair!

Jamie said...

I love all the different styles!

Simply Mily said...

OMG you really outdid it when it comes to changing hair colors and all within a year!!! My favorite look is the brunetter hair =)

Happy New Year!!

ps.. Red has been my all time favorite hair color but no more dyes for me =/

♥beauxs mom said...

I think it's cool you tried different colors and looks change is fun! I liked the pink the best.

Melu103 said...

niceeeeee
look how much your hair grew!

loving it ♥



xoxo
Melina ♥
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

Polish and Charms said...

Hi again! I am passing on the Liebster Blog Award to you! Check out my post at http://polishandcharms.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks amazing no matter what you do to it, not all ladies can say that.