MIA.

Saturday, January 21, 2012
"You never know how strong you are... until being strong is the only choice you have."

My sincerest  apologies for disappearing off of my blog.. I haven't even done thankful thursday and I've always been religious about that... Its been a tough few months, just when I seem to get one thing straightened out, something else goes horribly wrong.. I'm trying my hardest not to get discouraged, but such is life, I suppose. I'm facing some major health issues.. I've had chronic migraines since I was in a car accident when I was 16, and they're getting progressively worse, so I feel like a test subject going through all these things to find the right combinations of medicines to help me. I'll tell ya... I wouldn't wish migraine headaches on anyone. I've spent many a night crying because the pain was so horrendous and NOTHING alleviates the pain except suffering through it until it goes away. 

Its a really depressing thing to go through, actually. Because you never really know what your triggers are... I've learned, though, that my main triggers are the weather, and even mild stress. Once the weather breaks and we dont have rainy cold days, I feel 10x's better. And if I watch my stress levels extremely closely, I tend to get less headaches. Its absolutely a life change to manage these things. My mom and grandma both suffered with them until they were in their middle 30's... I'm hoping I'm not that unfortuante. 

So enough of the depressing talk. I'm really really going to attempt to get my blog back on track with nail polish, beauty stuff, and even personal stuff... I'm trying to refrain from buying many beauty products or nail polish, because my medical bills are stacking up, but.... nail polish and makeup ALWAYS make me feel better.. so I figure if I don't go TOO overboard.. then its justifiable... :) My goal is to only get one of my lemmings a month... instead of buying every single nail polish that I think I HAVE to have.. the only collection coming out soon that i HAVE to have.. is the hunger games collection (or whatever name theyve chosen now) from china glaze... i absolutely LOVEEEE those books, so I can't wait to wear some of the colors on my nailsies. 

I'm also on a personal challenge inspired by Annelise over at Bye Bye Beehive. I've tweaked it a little, because I have curly hair so its a little more difficult... but my challenge to myself is to basically go 6 to 12 months without ANY heat styling on my hair... except for special occasions or if I get my highlights redone. I've done this for about a week and I've noticed a considerable change in my hair. 

I thank you all for hanging with me... :) I dont have very many followers, and thats fine with me... I feel its more "personal" this way.. :) <3 you all... Hope you're doing well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

im so sorry to hear of your headaches, my sister has also suffered from migraines for years and nothing seems to help her either, she has gotten MRI's and cat scans and all kinds of testing done that only costed her lost of money but no answers, i know how you feel ;-( ill keep you in my prayers and hope you get well soon!

Heather @ Peace, Love & Polish said...

I'm glad to hear your okay, but I am sorry to hear about your migranes. I couldn't imagine what that feels like. I hope you feel better in every way possible very quickly :)

All The Pretty Polish said...

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your migraines, my mom gets them sometimes and just watching her go through it is painful, I couldn't imagine going through it myself. I hope you find something that works for you soon! And I'm not just saying that because I miss your posts ;)