So ready for fall!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011
I was originally going to make my first "real" post be about my favorites... my favorite nail polish, my favorite movie, color, make-up... but THEN, I did this manicure today, and have absolutely fallen in love,... I feel that the more I paint my nails fall colors,.. the quicker the season will actually come! And welcome to those who have actually taken the time to start following such a newb as me! Having 3 followers right now gives me encouragement...

Keep in mind that I'm still kind of new to this whole blogosphere, and new to polish in general. So my nails are not going to be perfect works of art right off the bat, nor are my pictures going to be superb as I'm still getting in the swing of things. Honestly, I was never much of a nail polish person, til I met one of the most amazing girls in my life... Summer over at Groupie Glam helped inspire my nail polish obsession. Before her and her enlightenment on the wonderful world of polish, I had maybe.. 5 or 6 basic colors in my collection... Its now grown to almost 40 in a few short months... thats A LOT of polish for me... especially being someone that used to let my nails chip like crazy and not care about it... I could literally go WEEKS without a new manicure or painting my nails. Now, I can barely stand for one small nick or chip before I'm instantly removing the current polish and replacing it with something else fabulous.

I'm really already starting to think I need a nail polish intervention... but! On with my look for today... I've wanted Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Xtream Wear in Pumpkin Spice since I first saw it swatched somewhere else... I can't remember where! I was at my local Walgreen's and found the last bottle.. so I snatched it up... Below is the result.


Forgive the lack of clean-up.... I tend to do my nails at work (so odd, I know) and I didn't really take the time to clean them up today... OR file them into proper shapes. This is 3 coats of Pumpkin Spice layered over 2 coats of Fingerpaints Where Art Renoir?


The not so great lighting at home.


Under a lamp.. I wish I had thought to take a picure in the sunlight... these pictures just DON'T do this Pumpkin Spice justice... I think it will probably be my go to glitter for fall... Have I mentioned that I LOVE glitter?


1 comments:

All The Pretty Polish said...

You know, the more pictures of this polish I see, the more I want it, but I can never find it at Walgreens ): It looks great on you! :)